You're pregnant. And now, you're faced with so many decisions - like what to feed your baby, what type of diapers to buy and your ideal birthing experience. Oh, and don't forget choosing a name! Whether your a novice to motherhood or a well-seasoned expert, the most important gift you can give to your baby right now is a healthy mom. Doctors at SSM Health in Mid-Missouri are here to help. A pre-natal care team will monitor you and your baby's health throughout your pregnancy, identifying and often treating potential issues early.
SSM Health Medical Group doctors offer pre-natal care at many of our convenient locations throughout Mid-Missouri. Check out any of our family medicine and women's health locations in
Jefferson City and
The Maternity Experts
When you're ready to deliver, your care team at
St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City or
St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain will include highly skilled and experienced maternity specialists*:
- Board-certified obstetricians
Pediatricians with neonatology training
- Anesthesiologists specializing in obstetrics
- Specially trained and certified labor and delivery nurses
- Certified neonatal nurses to care for newborns
- Certified lactation consultant and breastfeeding educators
*All specialists are available at St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City and most are available at St. Mary's Hospital in Audrain. Call us if you have any questions or concerns!
Need an Ob/Gyn and Pediatrician? Search our directory.
Caring for Your Newborn
Our nursing team is here around the clock to help you learn how to care for your new baby. We’ll help you develop confidence in your parenting skills before you go home.
When you’re resting or if your baby needs extra attention, we've taken extra steps to ensure your baby’s health and safety:
- Level I nursery for healthy newborns
- Level II nursery for those newborns with health concerns or special needs.
- A state-of-the-art computerized monitoring system that keeps babies and their families safe and secure.
The Importance of an Education
At St. Mary’s we provide a full range of classes to help moms and their families prepare for childbirth and life with the new baby. Classes are available in Jefferson City and Mexico at no cost to those who deliver at our Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center.
- Childbirth Preparation
- Infant Massage (for after baby is born)
- Infant CPR
- Super Siblings
- Breastfeeding (a class to help you prepare for breastfeeding)
- Growing Babies Breastfeeding Support Group
View our class schedule and register for a class.
For information on classes in Jefferson City contact:
Email: Leslie Charlton
For information on classes in Mexico contact:
Email: Ashley Curtis
Facebook: Check out more updates and tell us what you think on Facebook.