SSM Health Wound Center at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City provides experienced management of simple and complex wounds. Patients with chronic wounds (longer than a month) receive specialized care. The SSM Health Wound Center is the only clinic of its kind in Jefferson City to use full-time hyperbaric oxygen technology for the treatment of wounds.
Schedule an appointment at our SSM Health Wound Center location.
2505 Mission Drive, Suite 210
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Map & Directions
Common Wound Types TreatedWound care staff treat a variety of patients with different needs. All wounds heal at different rates and the duration of treatment will be based on the patient's individual needs. Common wound types include:
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Dehisced wounds
- Traumatic, non-healing wounds
- Neuropathic wounds, including diabetic foot ulcers
Wound Care begins with a comprehensive evaluation and development of an individualized care plan. Each patient receives a custom wound care regimen, which may include the following treatment approaches:
- Sharp debridement
- Specialty dressings and topical applications
- Multi-layer compression wraps
- Custom compression hose fitting
- Wound V.A.C. therapy
- Off-loading devices
- Off-loading of pressure points
Individualized Treatment Plans
- Wound Assessment: We conduct an extensive assessment of the wound as well as the patient's overall health.
- Treatment Plans: A multidisciplinary team develops individualized treatment plans.
- Trained Staff: Our team includes professionals trained in wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Education: Patients and caregivers are provided with education on wound care at home and lifestyle adjustments that facilitate the healing process.
- Discharge Planning: The staff at the center reviews all of the patient's needs, including wound-care products, assistive devices and at-home wound care. Detailed patient instructions include a plan for ongoing follow-up.
- Support Services: Integrated support services can help patients and caregivers cope with the demands of wound treatment regimens.